Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Boring life lately

So we were supposed to go camping for July 4th weekend, but as a family we were worn out from our 10 day WI, IL and IN tour.....so we canceled and decided to relax at home (if there is such a thing). When you sit on your deck and breathe for just a few minutes, its funny how you look around and create more work for yourself by seeing all the weeds to pull, seeing how much the deck needs to be restained/waterproofed, the laundry, the paint that still hasn't gotten finished down the hall, I could go on, but I don't want you to get the wrong idea!
We had a great 4th though. Enjoying our city that has a small parade, festival and then puts on a fireworks show. We hung out with friends and the kids ran, ran and ran around from 12pm until they crashed during the fireworks. Thanks GOD, for letting us have a relaxing weekend and enjoy friends and not do anything from our "To Do" list.

3 comments:

Diane said...

I'm glad that you all had a nice and relaxing 4th of July. I guess I should not complain about being bored on the sand, I spent the weekend with my family and friends, for which I'm very grateful for. :)
Did you take photos????

poopsie said...

sounds like the perfect way to celebrate! good for all of you for taking the time to just chill.

Teresa and Kory said...

Agreed! So glad you had a nice relaxing time. Also glad you didn't do anything on your to do list. Sometimes you just need to rest. Now only if I could follow the same good advice!!!