As I sat down to write Nate a birthday card, I couldn't stop thinking about how fast life has gone. He is a freshman this year. He will experience so many new things right along with Mark and I learning how to parent the high schooler. Its so much fun though. It has so many blessings. He has great friends, a good head on his shoulders, and is such a neat person. As he grows daily and we have deep conversations about life it is amazing to look into his eyes with such awe at what he knows, what he thinks, where he is headed. Only God truly knows where we are headed and what lies ahead.
Nate for his birthday wanted an acoustic guitar....and it was so exciting for Mark and I to shop for this. Nate has such an ear for music, practices and is so into it right now. I love the guitar, was brought up around my brothers both being part of a band and it is something I want my boys to always learn....so we will see, so far Nate has been working on transfering his violin music over to guitar. We plan to start lessons in the next few weeks.
For his party we took 4 friends to Ultra Zone Lazor Tag for their teen friday night fun.....sounds like they had a blast, a bit sweaty when getting into the car, but we survived!!!!!
2 comments:
14??? wow! he is so handsome, you both should be really proud!
What happened to the little kids we use to have? I miss the days of beannie babies in the gutters. Now I am running Jenni to DRIVERS ED!!! Love you guys
Post a Comment