So our week began on Sunday hunting for our Christmas tree. We had a blast and what a great family outing:) The boys all got along. Monday normal school day with running around after school to Nates tennis. Tuesday another normal school day, then off to Nate's guitar lessons, and then Nate and I had a great time shopping for his first formal outfit. Nate got invited to Gresham High School's winter formal on Saturday night with a sweet girl from church. I think he is excited about going, but won't admit it to the family:) He wanted a hair cut and then we got home. To a weird, frantic, scared Reese. Who from the moment I saw him, just wanted to be hugged, loved and carried.
While enjoying it and not thinking a thing about it.....he started to cry and cry and I couldn't understand a word he was saying. I set him on the kitchen counter and noticed he was holding his hands....oh you hurt them.....as I looked at them, I first thought he had rope burn....so I went right to AJ. "What happened while I was gone?" See Dad was working upstairs, making dinner, getting baths started, homework, etc. Reese cried harder and kept saying "you'll be so mad at me" well, guess what, you need to tell me what those burns are from, so I can help you. This is a first in the Brahmstadt household, I don't think anyone has ever been electrocuted before. I don't know what Reese was thinking but he found a metal hook from an ornament on the tree and stuck it in the outlet. It burned his hands. He had welts. So I think he has learned his lesson, he is so scared. Now, we have since learned that fire came out of the outlit and pushed him backwards.....how scary for him....I can't believe it didn't knock some power out. Goofy boy:)
Today I am leaving for WI, to go back to help celebrate my Grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. They are so cute together....still so in love and just a joy to be around. I can't wait to see my family. But, on the other hand, I have been in tears dut to the fact that I will not get to see Nate leave on his first date. We shopped together and spent time together but Not seeing him all dressed up kills me. I hope they have a great time and I will be sure to post the pictures next week.
6 comments:
holy cow...poor reese! that is just crazy, but glad to hear he is ok. oh how cute...nate and his first date. i love it! he is such a cutie i am sure he will have a lot more of those for you to see. :) enjoy your time away!
oh, my gosh...I am so glad Reese is okay. How scary is that? It is so sad that Nate is on his first date. It seems like yesterday that we were decorating your house with 'it's a boy' banners. where did that time go?? hope you had fun in WI..missed you all so much!
It was so much fun hanging out with you this weekend. I hope you are having fun overnight with my little angel! I am having fun doing NOTHING!!! :)
I can't believe he actually stuck metal in the outlet! I'm glad my kids are angels and have never tried such a thing! :-)
HOLY CRAP! That is so scray, my heart was beating so fast just reading your post. Poor little kid, I'm sorry he got hurt but praise God that he is going to be OK.
I'm sorry also that you missed Nathan's big night but really, think of that wonderful time that the two of you spent together. What a special day that was. And a hair cut too! Wish I could talk Cory into getting a few hairs cut. :)
Oh my gosh..that is just awful about Reese. So sweet he didn't want to upset you or get into trouble...but to endure that fright to keep a secret, poor sweetie. So glad it shut off and didn't hold onto him. Wow and just when we think they are at the ages that we don't need to baby/safety proof all the outlets and such. Hope he is okay. XOXO
Post a Comment