Sunday, October 5, 2008

Its October already, where does the time go?

Well we have been just moving right along with our routine lately. Busy watching the boys play sports, visiting all their open houses and trying to accomplish each days tasks. From the time Mark and I had our first boy, he dreamed of taking the boys hunting (and I dreamed of having the house all to myself or taking some girl trip) well, wouldn't you know Mark is off hunting and Tyler and AJ were excited to go and got their first BB gun, but Nate decided missing HS for a week would be to much. (I am not sure if its a girl he doesn't want to miss or the fact that he's just not interested in hunting) Reese is to young yet to get up early everyday. So Mark is in Heppner OR enjoying his quiet time with his 2 avid hunting sons. I am enjoying Reese and Nate! They will get back probably late the 11th and Mark leaves bright and early the 12th for NY for work for the week. Should be a crazy month:)
Tyler got braces and his jaw expander last week.....so he is learning what having a headache everyday means, trying to eat, talk and swallow are also quite a task for him:)
OK, so I am still laughing about this...Mark called franic yesterday while I was watching Reese's soccer game. He forgot all of his AMUNITION for his gun, a bit hard to shoot a deer when you don't have bullets! Luckily, our friends were not leaving until the afternoon, so I got to get his box that he needed to her. Now as you all know, we have quite the deer around us, last night Dakota started barking like crazy around 8:30, I always check it out but usually he is barking about an animal in our yard. So what is outside our front window like maybe 5 steps.....yep a nice 8 pointer staring at us. Of course, I am running to get the camera but Mark has it, Nates trying to get his picture phone....none of the photos turned out but we have 3 witnesses, I can't wait to give Mark crap. He drives 5 hours to hunt fo 10 days and he could of touched the 8 pointer from our front step!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope Ty is doing okay, tell him we are proud of him and that it will get better. XO, Sherri

Teresa and Kory said...

Too funny! Hopefully the boys get a deer or two. Tell Tyler that I had the whole jaw expander and braces too. I survived! It is no fun - but will be well worth it.

Anonymous said...

hope my tyler is doing okay---headaches are no fun but he will be glad he did it when he has those nice, straight teeth. goodluck to the hunters! have fun with nathan and reese. love you guys...

Diane said...

Hang in there Tyler, your going to have a smile the wows the girls someday.........ask Cory. He says that it was all worth it. :)
As for the deer........too Funny.
We had one in our yard eating apples a week or so ago. I was outside at 3 am with Cooper. I heard a noise, then a thump. I scooped up that puppy so fast and RAN! I got in the house only to realize it was a deer eating the apples off the tree. ha ha ha.

Anonymous said...

hilarious!! that is how it is with deer though! they hang out in people's yards becuase they know they are safe!! well, hopefully they are having a good time! have fun with just the two boys! take care, miss you!

Jess and Jodie Bergers said...

That is SO NOT FUNNY! Especially since I just spent 7 days hunting without a shower and no deer in site!